BIRTHDAY CABOOSE INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES
We want to make sure your birthday party at the N.C. Transportation Museum is a safe and memorable experience, so please be sure to read through the information below.
Rules and Regulations
• The cost for rental is $125 for non-members. For family membership levels, the cost is $100.
• A two-week reservation notice is required. The full reservation fee is due at the time of booking to confirm the reservation.
• One caboose is available for rental most Saturdays, January through November, and Sunday afternoons March through November. Some black out dates apply for special events.
• Reservations are required and include a train ride around the 57 acre site.
• Check your party in at Barber Junction Visitor Center at least 15 minutes before your scheduled party time.
• Please bring only prepared food. Coolers are welcome on board.
• Pizza may be delivered to the site for the party. Local pizza stores include Domino's Pizza (704-636-1111) and Papa John's Pizza (704-637-7272).
• Keep in mind, there is no air conditioning on the caboose. Please dress appropriately. Shoes and shirt are required.
• Decorations are welcome, but please be considerate of the environment and refrain from bringing confetti. Our crew member will provide cleaning supplies and trash disposal. Parents are responsible for cleaning the caboose and disposing of all trash. Failure to do so could result in additional charges.
• The train crew and museum staff are trained in safety on the rails. Please follow all safety instructions.
• Only 15 people (of any age) are allowed aboard the caboose when in motion due to Federal Railroad Administration regulations.
• Safety instructions will be given and must be followed at all times.
• Everyone should be seated while the train is in motion.
• The train crew will assign a door on the caboose for usage. Please only exit and enter from that door.
• No one is permitted to stand over the yellow line on the station platform or between the rails. Thank You!